Action Wheel Leadership
9 Dysfunctions in Our Healthcare Systems
by Warren M. Hoffman
Search the Action Wheel Website
in Our Healthcare Systems
From the foreword: "The dysfunctions in healthcare represent an exciting opportunity for healthcare reform. The stories in this book are the result of visits by the author to healthcare systems in the United States during a three-year period from 2000 - 2003.
9 Dysfunctions in Our Healthcare Systems: How to Name, Frame, Claim, and Change Them
- How many of these dysfunctions are alive and well in your organization?
- Destructive Internal Competition
- Erosion of Public Trust
- Excessive Turnover
- Medical Arms Race
- Quick Fix Mentality
- Too Much Management; Not Enough Leadership
- What are you doing about it?
- The information and insights gathered during this research process have shaped the author's ongoing mission to help heathcare practitioners answer the most important question about these dysfunctions: "'What are you doing about them?"'
- "Dr. Warren Hoffman, in his perceptive and succinct manner, clearly describes nine common dysfunctions in healthcare. Through interviews conducted with 511 healthcare professionals, and with more than 30 years in leadership consulting work, Dr. Hoffman has found common problem areas that demand our attention as healthcare leaders. If you follow his lead in courageously addressing these dysfunctions, you will see improvement. I guarantee it. ~Laurie C. Drill-Mellum, MD, MPH, Chief Medical Officer MMIC
If you would like a paperback copy of 9 Dysfunctions in Our Healthcare Systems, please contact us.
Contact Us: There is no charge for a customized proposal for your group's leadership team.
Our Website Builder
Website by Site Build It:
the tools, the support, and the ongoing innovation to help you build your business.